Forester's pro bar!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I took the plunge .. to a pro bar for my Husky 350.
Will I notice an improvement over there bar?
I will let you know how I like it.

Will I notice an improvement over there bar?
Probably not a performance improvement, but maybe a weight and balance improvement. The bar ain't gonna make the chain any sharper or spin faster.;lol

How will you know if its better ?.
What does a pro bar promise ?.
One pinch in a tree and its gone as fast as any other .
Just saying.....

bob

I was hoping that the bar would be a little stronger and not as prone to spreading apart as much.
Is the replaceable sprocket an improvement over stock?

It will be a longer lasting bar. It should weigh more than the husky laminated bars but require less maintenance.

Is the replaceable sprocket an improvement over stock?

Only if you have the bar long enough to wear out the original tip while the rest of the bar is still in good condition, and if you can then find a replacement tip, and if you have the time to change the tip yourself, and if the if the difference between the price of the replacement tip and the price of a whole new bar is enough to compensate you for the time you spent hunting for a replacement tip, ordering and installing it.

So... probably not.

The primary benefit of a solid bar is that it's structurally stronger than a laminated bar, so it's less likely to get bent accidentally. The rails may or may not be harder / wear longer. The tip's being a separate component and thus "replaceable" is just inherent to the manufacturing process; it's not feasible to make a solid bar with an integral sprocket tip. Calling it "replaceable" is mostly marketing spin; they rarely get replaced.

The Bar showed up in the mail ... nice piece of equipment.
I thru on a still Stihl rcs chain and the new bar on the Husky 350.... Nice .. I like it!
I checked out what Lowe's was selling the 18" Husky bar for $39 then Tractor supply's Jonsered 18" $44
So $42.50 to door not bad and a better bar so far! Time will tell. I'll let you know, after I get to play with it for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.