Forum Graphic

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mo Heat

Mod Emeritus
Nov 18, 2005
St. Louis, Missouri
Hey Craig,

I've always meant to ask if there's a story behind the cute stone age fire makers illustration at the top of this forum and on the old forum? Was it created by you or someone you know?

Reactions: Pallet Pete
I've always loved the caveman fire forum illustration. I didn't see any cave art on the web site, but it looks like an abridged sampling there.

Yeah, I'm glad the caveman graphic was carried over. Makes it feel like home already, with a real nice remodel.

Hey Craig,

What is the history of your cavalier spaniel? Nice dogs. My sister used to breed these dogs along with great danes (never together thank goodness!).

- Will

I like the bald kid, if that's what he is. The volcano in the background is a nice touch. The caveman reminds me of what I see when I look in the mirror. No comment on the Mrs., although she is kind of cute.

And yes, I like the way you incorporated the graphic into the new forum. Nice work Craig!

One more thing...

When I look at that illustration, and I do it quite a bit because it's a real work of art (a watercolor I'd guess), I can't help but think the subjects might have been modeled after our illustrious webmaster, wife, and perhaps a friend, or even the artist (although I often think of elkimmeg when gazing at the dude on the right as he seems to be pointing in a critical manner). :)

Any truth to this, Craig? :-/

Mo Heat said:
One more thing...

When I look at that illustration, and I do it quite a bit because it's a real work of art (a watercolor I'd guess), I can't help but think the subjects might have been modeled after our illustrious webmaster, wife, and perhaps a friend, or even the artist (although I often think of elkimmeg when gazing at the dude on the right as he seems to be pointing in a critical manner). :)

Any truth to this, Craig? :-/

The woman might look a little like the artist! Now I think perhaps the front page of HearthNet cartoon might be after some idea of Martha and I.

BeGreen said:
Hey Craig,

What is the history of your cavalier spaniel? Nice dogs. My sister used to breed these dogs along with great danes (never together thank goodness!).

- Will

That's Rosie, our two year old. We had another one before, but it got killed (as you know, these dogs can't be off leash for even a few seconds!).....royal dogs!

Rosie is from a breeder in New Hope,PA and she was a premature birth - a bit of a runt and shy, but we love here that way - people don't beleive me when I say this, but this dog does virtually nothing wrong - never went in the house, doesn't chew stuff, can let us sleep for 10 hours without have to go out, etc. etc.

We can also take her on an airplane (we did once) cause she is under the weight that is allowed under your seat - about 15 lbs.

Status
Not open for further replies.