Found Another Stove. Looking For Expert Opinions

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have already decided on the solar panels, controller, batteries etc. After all of my other purchases, I have to save up some more cash. I hope the tax credits are still available when I get them. I guess I'm starting to look like a "prepper" with all of this stuff, but I guess you never know when you might have to take to the woods for an extended stay :)

So, do we get some pics of the inside of the firebox? ==c has it got the cast combustor scoop? I'm assuming it does, since the cat is the older ceramic...

I have already decided on the solar panels, controller, batteries etc. After all of my other purchases, I have to save up some more cash. I hope the tax credits are still available when I get them. I guess I'm starting to look like a "prepper" with all of this stuff, but I guess you never know when you might have to take to the woods for an extended stay :)
It will be this weekend before I get pics for you. The stove is still in the truck.It's snowing again and My son had to get back home Sat. because our Grandson is sick. I don't have anyone else around that I trust enough when using the tractor/loader and handling a 450lb. stove that I'm in love with. I'll post 'em up later Saturday as he'll be home for a visit.
Swamp

Reactions: Woody Stover
It will be this weekend before I get pics for you. The stove is still in the truck.It's snowing again and My son had to get back home Sat. because our Grandson is sick. I don't have anyone else around that I trust enough when using the tractor/loader and handling a 450lb. stove that I'm in love with. I'll post 'em up later Saturday as he'll be home for a visit.
Swamp

That is a staggeringly great house and a fine looking stove. Color me jealous!

Swamp, I can not imagine how hard the wait will be to get that place finished and get that stove installed. Hope you share the progress with us along the way.

Did your cat survive the trip in the stove? I only ask because I just brought home a Fireview and forgot to take the cat out. I cant look at it just yet as it is still heavily wrapped in plastic on the back of my truck and I cant unwrap it until I get some help putting it in my house. Mine looks just like yours.

Status
Not open for further replies.