Found some doors.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Todd_C

Dec 15, 2013
littlebyteservices.com
One of several bins

Attachments

• 040.jpg
    040.jpg
    275.1 KB · Views: 462
Where? Why? Not sure I understand. If possible you should buy them all and sell them to people trying to put theirs back together.

Great find, I have trashed many but wish I had some of them back. I have enough chrome arch doors for anyone in my family that would want a stove and I have honey bear glass doors . no single doors at all I do not think.

Reactions: WeldrDave
All Baby in the picture. Any double intake flat top like that would be for Mama or Papa and be more sought after.

I did not notice in the background, it is an aluminum door mold used for casting. If you ordered doors you owned the molds. If you quit buying them they shipped them to you. I have some too. Nice find

After much snooping in the snow and cold . The things I do for Fisher stoves. Anyway hears what I found so far. Foot note there are tons of timber line and old timer doors in the pile.
I picked up a right side grandpa door with fixed pins with the 76 star. Heres the question. It's aluminum cast. What gives? And one in paticular is a door saying Home Stove with the fisher logo on the bottom right. Also what I believe are goldilocks ? doors with glass openings. ? Most of the doors are baby bear flat top and arched top. If anyone is looking for Old timer and timberline I can get them. I was able to go thru two bins today. there are a couple more but cant get to them till spring or when they get an opening to them.
003.jpg 004.jpg 005.jpg 006.jpg 007.jpg 008.jpg 009.jpg

Attachments

• 010.jpg
    010.jpg
    280.3 KB · Views: 468
  • 011.jpg
    011.jpg
    269.2 KB · Views: 391
  • 012.jpg
    012.jpg
    267.2 KB · Views: 393
Reactions: coaly
I am on my phone and will look at the pictures later on the computer. The first picture is gma or gpa 4 glass. The smaller glass is honey bear and the home stove I have NEVER seen. I would not wait until spring on that one. There is no air control on the door. That is cool. I hAve glass for the Hb and the 4. But you have to build an air wash to keep them clean. I can tell you how but it is more work for you.

Top one is ma/pa. Then baby's. Then gma or gpa. When we got doors we got a pallet with all lefts and another with all rights. When we closed we had more of one than the other. Look close one the double doors

I think the "Home Stove" may be the "furnace" model. Never seen one. Only found in Cesco Industries licensee monthly report. (for royalty fees)

Goldilocks did not have glass.

Does the aluminum 76 door have a round seal surface on the back? As far as I know, it for Grandpa. Grandma 76 had the short style trees. They didn't match;

76 GM Indiana.jpg Grandpa 12-3-12 Ma 4.jpg
76 Grandma ...................................... 76 Grandpa

After '76 Grandpa went to the short tree style.

Note the space from tree to door edge. That's what you need to go by when you have a door only to determine what it is.

Grandpa eBay 1-2013.jpg Grandpa

Are the ones with the openings for fishers with glass?
124706-7b13a687f7097b352760a95d3e97f95f.jpg

Can't see if they have Fisher on the bottom right corner of right door. They are shaped similar, but I don't think they are Fisher. They have bumps on the glass opening at the top left and bottom right corners. Here's a Fisher IV ; notice square openings at all corners.

GM IV Scott Ohio 11.jpg

Honey Bear

Honey Bear scrap.jpg

Another door mold to the left and under it ??

The title to this thread should be BACK UP THE TRUCK

The Home Stove doors can be a wall hanger. You can tell if they were a single door if they have seal area all the way around including the handle side. Double doors will not have a channel there. Paypal works. :cool:

The mold is for timberline doors. So far 3/4 of the doors are timberline and old timer. They still have two more bins to dig out . They said the doors aren't going anywhere so I can snoop when the weather permits.
I have a chance at a Baby bear near by. The one with the replacement plate door on it. But he wants 200 for it. needs tons of work. So I'm heckling with him. he has an old cast iron stove that's pretty cool. lots of pitted chrome. I might do a double deal if he comes down on the price. The pot belly would make a great piece of furniture. Or conversation piece. I have been looking for any info on the Home Stove model. This one really intrigues me. But I cant find anything about the model. I compare the aluminum door to the one on my Grandpa bear. Its identical. But aluminum with no round seal. My grandpa has the tall trees with one 76 star on the right and one star no 76 on the left door. Taller trees means earlier model 76 means bicentennial. Afterwards the trees got smaller. Im Playing Pete the parrot here. The maple syrup people are the ones who scraf the doors up. But havent done so in a couple years. So hopefully Im in good shape when spring comes. I really wish they were all Fishers. But getting some candy does not mean i get the whole candy store. I'm considering the off brand doors to make custom syrup boilers. Maybe a small nitch for me. It's nice when a hobby supports itself.

There are some unscrupulous people out there to make a buck on eBay. I would not publicly post that information.

Here's where I saw "furnace" at the bottom of the list and are not sure what it is. See attached file;

There are other strange names to us of Fisher products from Europe and New Zealand like the "Wood Lord".

I search newspaper archives online but you're held only to newspapers that have been scanned.

Attachments

• Licensee Monthly Report.pdf
    232.1 KB · Views: 311
If you do your homework, one of the doors gives it away. ::P

Status
Not open for further replies.