FPX Apex 42 - nothing but problems

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

besjoux

Jun 22, 2011
west Michigan
Please tell me that I am not the only one having these issues!

We have operated this for just 6 months. We have owned it for 1 year and 2 months. Within the first month the catalyst thermostat went out. Then we had tons of issue with creosote and replaced the cap that was rusted from creostote (wood well aged and tested well with moisture tester). We were burning at night a bit low, but I don't stay up all night to watch it either......and we did not have the temp guage for most of last winter.

NOW we have the blower go out! For a week it buzzed loudly and it just seized up 2 nights ago.

How could so many warranty issues happen? Is this thing going to cost me an arm and leg to keep going outside of warranty?

It doesn't look like a very popular model. I looked for reviews on this site and could not find any.

Have you gone back to the dealer who sold it to you? 14 months is not very long so I would expect them to help you.

Have you gone back to the dealer who sold it to you? 14 months is not very long so I would expect them to help you.
Well that's another story. Yes, we did but no one seems really interested in warranty work. Here's the kicker, Travis industries has no blowers in stock....or, at least, not any for a warranty issue. They said 1 should be received by our dealer on the 21st...but we have received ZERO updates from our dealer. At this point, I can't recommend the 42 Apex. It's already had 2 warranty issues that were not fixed in a timely manner. 2+ weeks now without a blower. Once this warranty issue is complete I will review the product in the review area of the forum.

over a month later and we FINALLY have a part! Is that normal for it to take so long to receive a relatively necessary part to heat our home. Can honestly say that I would never recommend this fireplace. The company is not so great in granting warranty issues from what I have seen.

over a month later and we FINALLY have a part! Is that normal for it to take so long to receive a relatively necessary part to heat our home. Can honestly say that I would never recommend this fireplace. The company is not so great in granting warranty issues from what I have seen.

Man that sucks. Sorry to hear the troubles your having.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had a door replaced under warranty. Once the installer verified it they called Travis industries and had approval within 5 minutes they installed it 3 weeks later. Most of that time was because of how busy the installer is during the cold months. They had it in a week but the next available opening for them was two weeks away. Also had a cat replaced under warranty and door gasket replaced again once verified it took about 3 weeks to get it in.

Most of these manufacturers make the fireplaces and stoves in batches. So because of that they probably have a timeline for parts being delivered to them. They could have been out of that part until they started or were about to start manufacturing them again.

I too have heard horror stories about them and warranty work but I have had the exact opposite experience.

Lopi Rockport
Blaze King Ashford 25

With warranty issues it honestly comes down to the dealer. Warranties are only as good as the dealer most of the time. If your dealer isn’t willing to stock replacement items then you are going to wait. Some items just aren’t going to be in stock, I get that. But so many dealers don’t even have a door in stock!

Sorry you are having so much trouble with your apex. We haven’t jumped into it yet, we’ve learned to hold off a few years on the new stuff from Lopi...