Franklin Wood stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I cant wait to see all the comments on this one. Personally I wouldnt waste my time or money on that stove, sorry just my opinion. Most current stoves on the market have screens you can put in front and have an open fire for love making on the floor. that stove is very old tech. wood waster, non heat producer

Looks good to me. I used to have an old Franklin. Its the standard smoke dragon/wood waster. I think for $350 keep looking. You should be able to find something a little more modern for that kind of money. Just my thoughts.

Keep an eye out on our CL here in Rochester, ther are always good stoves here cheap. I found my Avalon Olympic for $200 and my brother's Avalon Ranier for $75. How big are you looking for? My friend is selling a Lopi Answer I think.......

My first stove was a franklin, they use a ton of wood and smoke like crazy. I never could open both doors and enjoy the fire without filling my house with smoke.

I use to have a franklin stove. The members of Hearth.com steered me in the right direction toward purchasing a Jotul Castine which I absolutely love. The Franklin stove is nice for an occasional fire but if you want to heat with it you better be ready to throw a lot of wood in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.