Free wood i dont want

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Butcher

Minister of Fire
Nov 2, 2011
N. central Ia.
High winds took down a big boxelder tree and plopped it right on top of 2 of our green houses. Took me 5 hours to clean op the mess and I told my guys on the landscapeing crew to take it home for camp far wood. It will be about a 4 grand fix to get the houses back into shape.
IMG_1931 (2).jpg IMG_1933 (2).jpg

Wow, how much wind did you have to shred the tree like that?!! I know Boxelders aren't all that tough, but still...
Bad deal about the damage. I see some of the frame is bent but there must be more than that to cost that kind of money...or no?

That stinks. Several years ago as kids my sister and a friend of hers where almost flattened by a large box elder. They were taking a walk, it got a little windy, and my sister heard the tree snapped. Luckily she looked up in time and saw it falling her way and was able to push her friend. It fell right were they were standing. I'm not a huge fan of box elder.

Status
Not open for further replies.