Fresh air idea for new pelpro. Advice? my idea pic included in post

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

llidisky

Dec 24, 2013
Ozark mo
Capture.JPG
So i have a new pelpro pp130 im installing this weekend. I am running the vent pipe through my existing fireplace flu. Question is can I run a pvc fresh air intake tube up the flue as well? I thought about using pvc going into the back of the stove connected with a rubber coupling, I think the fresh air return is around 2". then at the first 90 elbow putting a 2" to 3" reducer and running 3" pvc the rest of way up the flu and once i get to the top rain guard, cutting a hole and putting two 90's so it is facing down and away from the exhaust. the diagram is what i was thinking and it is a ms paint drawing so i know it is basic but hopefully will drive my question home better. if pvc wouldn't be best choice i could use gas

Any piping near the stove should be fire resistant! There are occasions where fire/heat can flow out the intake, and plastic piping couldn't take the heat, may cause a fire in the house.