From insert to stove.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

PaulBunyun

Oct 15, 2019
Michigan
Well after many hours of hard work I have finally finished my transition from an insert (Quad 2700I) to a new freestanding stove (Lopi Liberty). I tried to keep the design as simple as possible. I removed the raised hearth, leveled with the slab, and then tiled the firebox and floor. Besides squaring off the firebox and installing a new lintel I kept the chimney structurally the same for obvious reasons. Finally now after getting the inspection and the insurance signing off on it there is nothing to do but wait for the fall. Wanted to say thanks for all the information I have learned on this forum. Happy burning!

0.jpg

Nice big window.going to be a long summer

Reactions: PAbeech
Clean install. That should provide a lot more heat.

Just curious, does that pipe transition to a liner or is it a solid pipe all the way up the chimney?