frustration finding tile

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RustyShackleford

Minister of Fire
Jan 6, 2009
NC
I have slightly expanded my bathroom and want to rip up the old and dated tile and re-tile the entire floor (in other words, my girlfriend wants us to re-tile the entire floor).

We have easily located a tile for the floor itself, a greyish 6x6" tile. The issue is with the border that goes around the edge and comes partway up the wall (analogous to wooden baseboard molding); we think it's called something like "cove" or "sanitary".

Anyhow, the old stuff is a beautiful sort of burgundy/maroon/claret color, and it looks awesome with the new floor tile and the wall paint color; but since the bathroom is somewhat larger, it's not really an option to re-use it. So we're trying to find something similar and are completely striking out. Lots of google searches and trips to Lowe's and Home Depot. People just don't seem to stock colors that are this "bold". So I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions for us. Thanks.

Attached is a photo showing a piece of the new floor tile (on top of the irrelevant old floor tile), along with the yellow walls, and the border tile that will be discarded, and which I'd like to find a somewhat similar match for. (The white to the left is the molded tub enclosure).

Attachments

• IMG_1078.JPG
    IMG_1078.JPG
    138.7 KB · Views: 125
Status
Not open for further replies.