gas coal basket for fireplace

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont have the fireplace place coal basket. But I do have the cast Iron gas (natural) gas stove coal affect 20,000 buts that get used every day. It has 19 single coals in it. Ive had if for about 6 years now. It heats really good.I really like it. Its looks like you are burning real coal. the coals glow red orange an the flames wiggles up threw the coals and flicher yellow and blue. See avitar.It has a metal. heat exchanger in it with a glass window for viewing in the door.

Thanks, would you mind posting a link to your stove?

Internet direct merchaint USA http://www.woodstoves.net/ ask for Aneete toll free State Montana USA. Hearth net. approved .

Mfg. http://esse.com/ Click on stoves gas. Britain made. There is 2 models for the gas coal effect. They still send the wood cooker over to The usa I dont know about the gas stoves. You would have to call woodstoves.net (Obadiahs) and ask Aneete I bought the last one in the USA. its was new 1979 model.Vista.Left in a ware house in PA. USA Bought it about 6 years ago from Obadiahs.

That's kinda cool, though a real coal stove burns with mostly blue flames once it gets going (at least mine does). But it makes me wonder: are or were baskets like that used to burn coal in a wood fireplace? If so, that could solve the all night burn (or lack thereof) problem in my cabin fireplace...

It depends on the real coal. Hard coal burns blue flames and soft coal burns yellow flames. Soft coal is real sooty gets all over the place and out side. Utah has soft coal which can't burn any more. epa reg. I have a real coal basket for the fire place.The coal baskets are British Victorian .

Status
Not open for further replies.