gas fireplace flame adjustment from proflame 2 remote

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

dp03798

Oct 31, 2018
New york
Hi Friends,

I have the following napoleon gas fireplace using natural gas:

I have it about 3 years. Recently I noticed that I am no longer to adjust the flame height with the remote like I was able to in the beginning.

Seems to be stuck on high which gives off too much heat. All other functionality of the remote work with no issue..ie light, ignition ...etc.

When I opened the unit I noticed the wire connected to the stepper valve appears to have broken off. (see photos attached)This seems like the obvious issue with no longer being able to adjust the flame via remote.

Can anyone tell me where I can get the replacement wire? Reached out to Napoleon and they weren't much help. And there aren't many fireplace dealers near me.

Thanks
DP

Attachments

• IMG_1997 (2).JPG
    IMG_1997 (2).JPG
    68.1 KB · Views: 162
  • IMG_1998.JPG
    IMG_1998.JPG
    71.4 KB · Views: 179
  • IMG_1999.JPG
    IMG_1999.JPG
    72.6 KB · Views: 173
Last edited:
Hi Friends,

I have the following napoleon gas fireplace using natural gas:

I have it about 3 years. Recently I noticed that I am no longer to adjust the flame height with the remote like I was able to in the beginning.

Seems to be stuck on high which gives off too much heat. All other functionality of the remote work with no issue..ie light, ignition ...etc.

When I opened the unit I noticed the wire connected to the stepper valve appears to have broken off. (see photos attached)This seems like the obvious issue with no longer being able to adjust the flame via remote.

Can anyone tell me where I can get the replacement wire? Reached out to Napoleon and they weren't much help. And there aren't many fireplace dealers near me.

Thanks
DP

Need to replace the whole stepper motor 2 T 20 screws

According to the manual that i found online for that fireplace it says it is only replaceable as the whole valve, I would highly recomend contacting your closest napoleon dealer and verifying part numbers and fit.

Here is the link to the Manual i found https://fireplacepro.com/hdx40.html page 48 part number 35 for NG and part number 36 for LP

However all the Kozy Heat and Travis units that i have installed and worked on that are SIT 2 all have replacable stepper motors, Here is a link that i found for a stepper motor only https://www.woodstoves-fireplaces.com/sit-stepper-motor-regulator/

Need to be careful when putting the stepper on as the rubber gasket on the back side can move around a little bit