Gasket kit for Jotul F400 Castine

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Triacon

Oct 8, 2012
I have an older stove and think I should replace all the gaskets. Should I buy the Jotul kit or individual pieces from a shop that has a good selection?
Actually not sure how to determine what gaskets need to be replaced. I mean, some are torn from past cleanings.... But others look ok....

At least do the door and ash pan. Gaskets vary in construction and density. I'm a believer in OEM gaskets for the best seal. Stick to the proper gasket spec for this stove.

Stove shops will have the proper gasket (if older Castine, 1/4 inch is mostly used, most Jotuls now have 3/8 in front doors, 1/4 or 3/8 for the ash doors.. most stove shops have this...

Local respectable dealer had the right size, but the wrong density. Fires were a bit exciting with the HD gasket. It did not seal well when I used it and I had to remove and replace with OEM.