Geeky weather data

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nola mike

Minister of Fire
Sep 13, 2010
Richmond/Montross, Virginia
Just got my gas bill for november. Wasn't high, but seemed a bit much for november. I'm trying to get my reluctant wife to wean off the radiators altogether when I'm not home--we're getting there ;)
Anyway, checked the weather data for my area, and was surprised to find that 11/12 had 580 heating degree days. That means that it was colder than:
11/10, 2/11, 3/11
11/11, 12/11. Almost as cold as 2/12, which had 600.
12/10 was our coldest month in the last 3 years with 988. 260 so far this month.

If you have no idea what I'm talking about (but aren't bored so far), check this out.

Indeed - this has been a cooler year here too. I posted some numbers in another thread (I believe in the green room), but overall so far this heating season I seem to be on track to be at least as cold as the 2010/2011 season which was the coldest since I started burning. A good source for this info is www.degreedays.net which I believe is fed off wunderground (where you linked to).

Status
Not open for further replies.