Generator

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just picked up a Honda EB5000x during the ice storm. Not cheap, but hopefully lasts me a long time since I'll need it again where I live and have no plan on moving. I've heard nothing but good things about Honda generators.

J-Man said:
I just picked up a Honda EB5000x during the ice storm. Not cheap, but hopefully lasts me a long time since I'll need it again where I live and have no plan on moving. I've heard nothing but good things about Honda generators.
Honda makes a great product. I was looking at their new 6500 and was amazed, only 60 db at full load!

They didn't have any of the 6500's available at the height of the storm - I got the biggest one I could find. The extra 1500 watts and quieter operation would have been nice, but it was another $1500, and I spent enough on the 5000! Hopefully it works out for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.