Generic Blower

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

caber

Feb 6, 2008
Western Maryland
I have an older Kodiak wood stove that has no blower on it. I'd really like to add one to get some heat circulation, but it doesn't seem possible to locate one specifically for that make and model. Has anyone had any experience buying and attaching a generic blower unit onto an older stove?

thanks

I just attached an electronics fan to the back of my heat shield today. I can't report anything on durability yet, but in a few months I should be able to say something.

Mike may be able to help you. He mentioned Grainger as a source for generic blowers. Can you post some pics of the back of your stove?

Matt

Icebox fans work great also we have an Ashley wood stove in our shop and I installed a refigerator fan on the back of it and it works great with little electric use.

Surplus Center in Lincoln, Neb has a great selection of industrial surplus blowers, at good prices. They have an online catalog.

Status
Not open for further replies.