Getting a heavy stove in basement with only stairs

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Some 2x4( 4x4 for extra piece of mind) or 6's rigged to the door way and stepped out 3 or more feet, Like an A frame on each side of the door and then a cross piece at the apex of the a frames ( gantry on its side) I use come-a-longs hooked to appliance dolly or skid or unit depending on configuration and the other end to gantry very controllable due to the come-a-long ratchet system. Just have to make sure there is enough length on the come-a-long. Sometimes I use 2 of them in series to get where i need to go. Reason we step out aways from the door is to avoid riding the cable on the threshold and we place higher up the door way so we have a straight shot. Stairs that wind are always a challenge.

Reactions: Cruileen
I got the stove moved from my storage shed into the the attached garage yesterday. Used a floor jack and 4 wheel cart borrowed from work. Didn't go too bad considering I had to pull it across the yard by myself.

Now that my BIL is back from his hunting trip the big challenge of getting it downstairs will be next.

I think the planks and rope to guide it will be safest. I am going to get working on the planking and building a rope anchoring point to do this safely.

Status
Not open for further replies.