Getting close to the end

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
I haven't burnt in over 2 weeks now. I can't remember ever having weather this nice in April, we've had multiple days now without a single cloud in the sky, my solar panels love it, perfect production curves.

Even seen some farmers in in south central Alberta seeding this weekend, summer is approaching fast.
Same here. This high-pressure system is huge.

I played golf on Monday and Tuesday this week in short sleeves, even thought I should wear shorts Tuesday afternoon while out on the course, its 29 right now, and this 29 feels like -5 five since I got use to the warmth, stove is back on chugging a long, but I do have to say, out east we did and are having a nice spring this year compared to the last 3 springs of just cold, wet, grey till the middle of May.

Reactions: gthomas785
32 F here this morning. Probably a fire tonight. Moved a few logs into the garage yesterday.

May be the last fire of the season looking at the forecast. Think I've posted that a bunch of times already. :)

I lit the stove this morning because my wife is working from home. 30 degrees out. Probably will keep it going through tonight but after that... Eeehhh??

Reactions: PaulOinMA
I thought the season was over. But today in the NC mountains we got 44 degrees and rainy all day. I am burning the stove using ash I cut up a year ago. Love to burn ash.

I started a 3 split fire yesterday morning when it was 44º. The predicted high was 55º and cloudy. Then the sun came out. It hit 63º by 2pm. Clouds didn't roll in till about 5pm. Glad it was only 3 splits. It's 47º and showery right now, but I'm letting the heat pump do its thing. The next few days are supposed to be cool with showers, which we need, so I may do a few more morning or evening burns.

I am still burning a load in the morning to warm the place back up, but that has been the only fire needed for the day if it is sunny.

Its dreary out today so I lit a fire. Now my kitchen is 80 degrees. Not complaining.