Getting close to the end

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

BigJ273

Minister of Fire
Feb 15, 2015
Maryland
First fire in about 3 weeks. Will prob burn tomorrow night too but I think that’ll be it this year. Probably close to a cord. Maybe a little less. But i worked a lot this year and don’t like to burn unless I’m here. Good news is I’m at least three years ahead on wood now.

426904D3-FCAE-42DC-A1DC-2ABBCADE8739.jpeg

Tomorrow is randomly cold so we'll burn but we still have a little more time for overnight burns up here. During the day though it's mostly heat pump until the late morning sun kicks in. No need to burn when it's 40+ overnight.

Sadly today may be the last day of burning for the year for me.

The Pac NW is stuck in a chilly spring, much like last year. Temps are about 5º below normal on average with colder nights. The wood stash is dwindling. We are mostly only burning mornings now. The heat pump carries the evening and night load.

I think tonight will be our last burn this season. Stove was already down for over a week recently due to near 70 degree temps but I started it up again last weekend because of below freezing nights this week. Temps tonight won't be that cold but I will put a half load in just to take the chill off and I don't plan on reloading tomorrow.

Fire last night. First fire since April 20. Fire tonight.

This is my first spring with the electric SuperSplit in my garage. Snow squalls today. When I need kindling - which was this morning - the SS makes it as small as I want. One less start up hassle when I thought winter was over.

I have an overnighter going and tomorrow morning will probably be the last fire. Also tomorrow will be the first cut of the year for the lawn. It’s a new season!

Fire last night. First fire since April 20. Fire tonight.

You went all year without burning??? ;lol

It's been in the 20s here since like 7 pm last night. Kind of ridiculous but that's New England.

I'll be burning most nights into May. Icy Hollow rears it's head again.

No need to run during the day, unless temps drop to 30F . A rarity.

The PE handles the whole house at these temps. I'm not complaining. Keeps the OB from running ;)

I'm probably done as it is and haven't burned since last week. It's in the 70s for highs and lows around 50. We have mowed twice now already and about to mow for the third time. We might have a fire or two left for the season but it isn't going to happen this week.

You gents Madison and FT Atkinson best not get too complacent. Temps dropping towards end of week with some lows a bit above freezing early next week. Typical WI weather, Like a yo-yo up down . Heck we even get snowstorms in May although not all that common. Course it mostly all melts away in a day or so by then.

Yes, we're still seeing below normal temps, especially at night. This weather will be heading east.

We'll be burning tonight. I'll be lighting up the BBQ in a few hours.

Reactions: PaulOinMA
We'll be burning tonight. I'll be lighting up the BBQ in a few hours.
79 outside in the pnw! I rototilled the garden and lubed stove hinges. There will be more fires but not today.

I woulda/coulda burned today, but I vacuumed/cleaned the stove last week in anticipation of un-installing it soon, so I'm going to let the heat pumps carry the season. Time to get outside and finish bucking the logs I stacked this winter.

I'm out!

Oops! I meant March 20, above.

Fire tonight. Snow, windy, cold today. In 30s now. May be last fire. 50s tomorrow. Unsure about fire tomorrow. Amount of sun during the day will determine if I light a fire.

Warming after that. 60s. 70s early next week.

Yep more BS snow today. Nice. :mad:

It was the end around here until this week decided it wanted to start off in the 40's and upper 20's at night. Needless the say the stove is back in action for a couple of days!

Reactions: Gearhead660 and Dix
Here, too.

I haven't burnt in over 2 weeks now. I can't remember ever having weather this nice in April, we've had multiple days now without a single cloud in the sky, my solar panels love it, perfect production curves.

Even seen some farmers in in south central Alberta seeding this weekend, summer is approaching fast.