Getting desperate. Vermont conversion ng to lp help!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

clarkr

Mar 10, 2016
Montana
I have a VC Model Lhecdv20Rn. natural gas insert and would like to convert to propane. VC kit # 10005872 for this model has been disconnected. Looking for any thing out there; Kit, unwonted stove or lp parts. I hoping the valve and orifice went on other models as well. Novice at this, please help!
Russ

I would try here:

http://www.tesstools.net/

Please Email or call us. We will be happy to get the information for you!

Tool and Equipment Service Solutions
2554 State Street
Hamden, Ct. 06517
Phone 800 397 7553
Fax 203 248 4896
Email [email protected]

If you give them the kit # they may be able to identify the individual parts needed for the conversion.

Good luck!

I'd also try Cozy Cabin - cozycabin.net as they have good breakdowns of the original VC/CFM kits. It would be mandatory to determine whether your particular unit is equipped with the Honeywell or SIT gas valve, as that can make a big difference with regards to availability.

I have a VC Model Lhecdv20Rn. natural gas insert and would like to convert to propane. VC kit # 10005872 for this model has been disconnected. Looking for any thing out there; Kit, unwonted stove or lp parts. I hoping the valve and orifice went on other models as well. Novice at this, please help!
Russ
Up-date looks like I've found the parts. A very helpful Vermont tech gave me a list of parts to do the conversion. One orifice was no longer available but was able to plug and drill to the correct size. Waiting an the last part, then hope to have it running.

Status
Not open for further replies.