Getting that itch again...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chvymn99

Minister of Fire
Nov 20, 2010
Kansas
Been busy, trying to get the gardens in and getting everything started growing. Now that we've had all this rain here lately, too wet to get in the gardens. I'm thinking its time to hit the wood that needs to get split and stacked here. I've got 8 or so pallets of Oak, Honey Locust, and Walnut ready for the splitter.

Had one stack of ash that fell down, that I had to restack last weekend. Been restacking my 2 year old stack of Oak out in the open, so hopefully they'll hopefully go ahead and dry out the rest of the way, They were almost 80 percent dry this last year. I've got them in single lines with about 2 foot betweeen stacks on pallets.

Getting that itch again, after feeling tired this last portion of the winter that would never end of touching wood. :rolleyes:

I'm with ya on the itch, my man! I'm so sick of working on this living room project I cant stand it! I've got tons of tree work (and a couple days' worth of milling) to do, but mommy won't let me out of 'da house til 'da work is done!!

Sounds like Scotty's a POW for awhile!

And I've been feeling exactly the same way - just got the garden in and a few other projects done, and been waiting to get back to the wood. I would like to c/s/s 4-5 cords this summer but I tend to work a good bit slower when it gets warmer out....

I get the itch real bad in later fall and winter - I'll cut in the summer if a good score comes up, but I really don't like cutting in the heat and bugs very much and deal with the trees leafed out. Splitting and stacking not too bad though - good luck!
Cheers!

I'm with ya on the itch, my man! I'm so sick of working on this living room project I cant stand it! I've got tons of tree work (and a couple days' worth of milling) to do, but mommy won't let me out of 'da house til 'da work is done!!
we need to order a longer leash for the lady to use :)

Status
Not open for further replies.