GFI55 Pellet Stove Vs Other Alternatives

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bradyboyy88

Jan 19, 2016
Maryland
Hi,
I just purchased my first house 2 months ago and am currently seeing the high costs of an electric heat pump. I was hoping to supplement some of the heating in the house with a pellet stove. I live in Maryland so electric usually runs about .$08 kwh and gas is not an option in my house. The house was built in in 1985 so its not super old but I am sure not as energy efficient as it could be. The floor plan is that attached.

So now on to the pellet stove insert concept. I was hoping to put one in the basement's pre existing fireplace and hope the heat rises through out the house to reduce the amount of times the heat pump comes on. In my area there are a few dealers around (Harford County, MD) and they offer different brands. One which seems to be a decent brand is Harman and the models I was interested in is Harman P35i and Harman Accentra 52i. The costs after install are roughly $4500 and $5500, respectively. I was hoping to wait until the off season but another local company is offering 10-20% off pellet stoves in a month but only offer the GFI55 and GFI60 and also offer floor models which will more than likely put the costs well below the Harman costs. So the problem is I cannot find much online about the GFI55 but I have read that the GFI60 is basically the Enviro m55 which has great reviews. Well that one might be too expensive regardless so it would be great to hear more about the GFI55 or if this also is just another rebranded machine of enviro which has more reviews.

Please let me know what your guys opinions are as I really am just getting overwelmed with research (too many names for the same machine that its like mattress shopping....). I Also, you probably know what pellet stove is overkill for my floor plan anyhow so please share some insight on that as well.

THanks

upload_2016-1-19_17-27-11.png

Status
Not open for further replies.