Glacier Bay Coal Stove Insert grate mechanisim

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Glacier Bay

Hearth Supporter
Feb 8, 2010
Eastern PA
I am the original owner of a Glacier Bay insert that I purchased in 1980. I absolutely love it and it has kept my home warm for the past 29 years. I have all the original paperwork but unfortunately it does not show the grate shaker bar on the drawings. I am having a problem with the connector bar for the 5 shaker grates. It fell off last week and when I looked underneath I thought it was free floating between the 5 grate bars with the center grate being the balance where it just sits on the pin on the grate bar without cotter pins or anything else securing it. I repositioned it on the center grate with the alternating side grates positioned on the remaining 4 pins. I shook it several times and all the grates seemed to work perfectly in unison. I started the fire up again and when I went to shake the coal down the bar fell off again. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.