Hearthstone II coal shaker grate removal

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Woogs

Oct 27, 2018
Germantown, NY
I just bought off of Craigslist 2 1980’s Hearthstone II’s, never fires on their original shipping pallets.

They both came with the coal shaker grates installed and I am not planning to use coal so I am considering selling the coal kits.
I have removed everything except the shaker grate that is attached to the handle and would appreciate some advice in getting this grate separated from the handle.

Is the grate threaded onto the 4 sided casting that the handle attaches to? Is there a pin or a set screw that I am missing?

i have the same stove but unfortunately i don't know. but am interested in a grate if you do sell them