Glass Gasket on St Croix Ashby-P Insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 21, 2014
Slate West Virginia
I have a St. Croix Ashby-P insert. The door seal fits great, but, the two outer bay windows are lacking gasket material on the outer most sides. I get ash accumulating at the lower outer edges. I can’t get a definitive answer from my dealer or the manufacture whether this was missing from the manufacture, or left off for a specific purpose. This is a 2014 manufactured stove.

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Well, the manual has a "complete door" in the exploded view so that isn't very helpful. Are you saying that neither the dealer, nor the manufacturer, can go look at one and tell you if it the same way?

Have you given the manufacture a call to technical support? I was given very good answers on questions I had but it was a couple hours before they got back due "da" it cold out there.

Well, the manual has a "complete door" in the exploded view so that isn't very helpful. Are you saying that neither the dealer, nor the manufacturer, can go look at one and tell you if it the same way?

I know about the manual just showing the complete door. The manual doesn't show the glass gasket layout. I have contacted the CSR and they said a new gasket kit would be shipped out. The only problem is they didn't state whether it belongs there or not. The dealer from whom I purchased from doesn't know anything either. I think the dealer has some screws loose. I finally got my replacement Braeburn T-stat after 2 months of calling. So my dealer is really worthless.

Have you given the manufacture a call to technical support? I was given very good answers on questions I had but it was a couple hours before they got back due "da" it cold out there.

Tech support is the same as CSR. I guess you happened to have a certified CSR/Tech rep. It is just like the dealership I purchased from. He doesn't know anything. I guess it doesn't take any knowledge to be a dealer/owner to push a product. But if you have a problem, the manufacture tells you to call a dealer. If you have a warranty issue, it is up to the dealer to certify the problem. What a joke.

I have other issues with the manufacture on the warranty issues as well. I will bring these up at a later date.

Does anyone have a missing gasket on either side of any of St Croix products with the bay window door?

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

That must be very frustrating! Heck, if I'd known you still needed a Braeburn, I would have shipped you mine - I got a digital (not wireless) for Christmas. Wanted to get a better thermostat before finding a final spot for it and running the wire thru the floor. got it set up before New Year's. I found the Braeburn wasn't real consistent - but it might have been the place I had it.

That must be very frustrating! Heck, if I'd known you still needed a Braeburn, I would have shipped you mine - I got a digital (not wireless) for Christmas. Wanted to get a better thermostat before finding a final spot for it and running the wire thru the floor. got it set up before New Year's. I found the Braeburn wasn't real consistent - but it might have been the place I had it.

I borrowed a T-stat from a friend until the dealer finally shipped it out. I am not overly fond of the Braeburn since there is a +/- 4* temp spread up or down. I am still using the Honeywell which seems to be working great in conjunction with my Electric heat. The house is a toasty 73* I heat a 1700sqft ranch. My home is complete electric and for 34 days usage, and actual reading the bill came to $234.65. Last year this time was over $400.00

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Reactions: bogieb
Status
Not open for further replies.