Glass still looks new

Bub381

Minister of Fire
Feb 4, 2011
Mid-coast Maine
The other half cleans well.She said it looks like a tv.

Attachments

jb4020

Nov 21, 2009
SE PA
How did you get your glass to come soo clean? My rangeley now has a haze over some of it no matter what i do. I was using windex but heard that was bad so i got some rutland glass cleaner but still it does not look like new. I also tried the ash trick,

eyefish2

Apr 19, 2011
UP Mi
Try the ash trick and water along with a blue scotch brite dish washing pad (scratchless). Works good for me.

Bub381

Minister of Fire
Feb 4, 2011
Mid-coast Maine
I have done the ash and it works fine but with this Meeco's conditioning glass cleaner it also does the fine tuning to really clean the fine particles up.Christmas present! :)

firebroad

Minister of Fire
Nov 18, 2011
Carroll County, MD
I use Weiman's Glass Cooktop cleaner. Also can use Cerama-Bryte, works as well. I like it better than Rutland's, it doesn't make "crumbs".
Use a little piece of paper towel, put a drop or two on it, polish off the brown stuff and go over the rest of the glass. use another little piece to polish.

SolarBrian

Feb 18, 2010
Central MA
Another vote for Cerama-Bryte. Found in the super market and works well.

raygard

Nov 5, 2011
Columbia, MD
My VC Encore 2550 cracked a glass front at the start of the season and I replaced it with a new one. This thing that I noticed with the old one , once I had it out, was that it was minutely pitted. This got me to thinking. No matter how much I clean the glass it will always "attract" that white stuff, no matter what I do.

Food for thought.

ray

maxed_out

Jan 19, 2010
Central Pa
rayg, Interesting, I had the same thing with my VC defiant encore. However not with the Isle Royale. The IR is not new to me I think its from 2006. No pitting.