glass trim rings on Whitfield Advantage II

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bjr23

Nov 2, 2009
Eastern WA
How do you guys get the brass trim rings to stay on. It's a bay window type with 3 panels and the side panel had one small spring kinda clip that I really never figured out how it secured anything. The middle window doesn't have anything and everytime I close the door or even look at it, it falls off. I'm starting to loose my mind here. I just want the blasted thing to stay put. Help please. bjr23

bjr23 said:
How do you guys get the brass trim rings to stay on. It's a bay window type with 3 panels and the side panel had one small spring kinda clip that I really never figured out how it secured anything. The middle window doesn't have anything and everytime I close the door or even look at it, it falls off. I'm starting to loose my mind here. I just want the blasted thing to stay put. Help please. bjr23
the clips are hard to come by
I use a small Dalup of Red RTV on each corner.
you dont want to seal it up because air flows through on some model for air was.

Status
Not open for further replies.