Glowboy insert clogging up

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

schmeg

Feb 5, 2008
Central Maine
Hello all from central Maine.

I had a Glowboy pellet insert installed this year and have gone through 12 or so bags of Ashland pellets. I screen and vac my pellets, and I've had 3 jam ups right at the end of the auger just before the pellets drop down the chute to the burn pot. I am miffed at this point. I don't know what more I can do. Am I doomed with this stove. The auger feeds from the bottom of the bin and feeds upward, then the pellets drop down a chute into the pot. Yes, I clean the stove almost daily also. Thanks Jay.

I would try another brand of pellets and see how they go.

I will do that, but unfortunately I have 3.5 tons of these pellets. It was a hard year to try different brands of pellets with all the hoarding going on, so I bought at the
opportunity these pellets gave. They are marketed as "Northeast Pellets" from Ashland Maine, andseem to have a good following. The are fairly clean out of the bag,
but the length of the pellets varies from 1/4 inch all the way to 1 3/4 or so. Not sure if that is causing the log jam. Again the jam occurs right at the end of the auger before the pellets drop out.
Thanks Jay.

Status
Not open for further replies.