Good deal bad deal?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mattjm1017

Feeling the Heat
Oct 23, 2012
Corapeake NC
Both look like pretty good saws for the price!

Reactions: mattjm1017
Anything in particular to look for when buying a used saw other than that it runs?

looks good, I paid $75 for an 026 in similar shape with bad piston and cylender. Will cost me around anothe $75 to bring it back to life.

I say it is an ok deal. But. Don't be sorry that u didn't go bigger. I have an 18 echo. My next saw would be a bigger stihl
Thanks all....

A 260 for $175!! I wouldn't even look at the 025 for $150. It's older due to model # (0 first is older than 0 last). And the 260 is a white handle saw ;) (Pro series)

If those are your only 2 choices, I would grab the 260. For that price, it's a steal (almost $600 new) the new 250 (025) is only $300. So $150 for a $300 saw. Or $175 for a $600 saw??

Offer $150 for the 260 and see what happens :)

Well I missed them but hopefully something else will show up soon even though I don't really need another saw I would like to get one more that's a little bigger. At least now thanks to yall I have a better idea of whats what with these used saws.

Status
Not open for further replies.