Good looking stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Love the name.

Very basic, looks like a design from the 70s. Bet it eats wood like candy.

Reactions: woodey and SpaceBus
Yeah it looks like a copy of many wood coal combo units only without shaker grates to burn coal. Which was really the only thing they were good at. They made pretty poor woodstoves.

Last edited:
Reactions: SpaceBus
Quite the rig, The bottom grate is going to make for hot burn. Am i missing the location of the adjustable air ports?

Stoves like these is why the EPA has to rate stoves.

Last edited:
The slider with the 3 holes in 3rd picture, I think.
That's what I thought, right below the door. Imagine of one of the stove companies made one of these with a secondary burn and maybe fit a cat somewhere? Id buy one.

Reactions: Jan Pijpelink
Yeah it looks like a copy of many wood coal combo units only without shaker grates to burn coal. Which was really the only thing they were good at. They made pretty poor woodstoves.
This reflects something I once wrote about my old Jotuls: they're very well built, but very poor performers. High build quality doesn't always translate to high performance standards.

Reactions: ckr74 and bholler