Good Stove Shop Needed

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

canigolf2day

Hearth Supporter
Nov 2, 2010
Massachusetts
Any recommendations for a good local stove shop that does wood burning insert installations and sales in the Dartmouth/New Bedford Ma area? I have had 2 shops in the area blow me off. No call no show. They (stove shop) volunteer to take a look at my fireplace to recommend an insert but they don't show up or call when they have an appointment. I did not ask them to come and look they offered. Apparently they don't need or want my business. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Getting frustrated, sorry for venting to everyone but when your willing to spend $4000 or so you want to make a good/safe choice with an insert. I am not an expert on stoves just would like some good old customer service.
Thanks.

Woodstove Unlimited in Middleboro is great - bought Avalon Rainier insert from them last year - they were really good to deal with and do their own installs - I shopped around South Shore and most places sub out the installation - I would highly recommend them

Hi all,
I hope folks on this forum are not getting tired of my posts/questions just really want to make the correct decision. Now I have a bit of nervousness with the local stove shop I decided on. I was doing some research on line and found on the better business bureau there was a few complaints towards them. I also found a couple of customer complaints towards them on another site (some positive ones also). So I will ask the forum again if anyone can recommend a reputable stove shop that does their own installs (licensed and insured of course) in the new bedford mass area. I will be visiting the shop in Middleboro today that was recommended thru this forum. Again sorry for the indecisifness but just want to be sure the install is going to be safe, correct and done properly. Spending $4000 and up with a family want it done right.
Thanks Again,

A good shop is going to give you a detailed estimate that specifies exactly what they are going to install and how they will do it. Ask them if they use their own installers or if they contract out the installation. If they use their own, how long have they been at it? They will also provide references. Look at how long they have been in business too. And use your spidey senses. Do you feel like you are getting good advice when you visit the stove shop or a sales pitch?

Status
Not open for further replies.