Goodbye Sled, Hello Again Trailer

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

quads

Minister of Fire
Nov 19, 2005
Central Sands, Wisconsin
It seems strange not wading through snow and being able to see trees that are already down. 64.9° this afternoon. Saw a butterfly. Not used to it, almost started sweating.

Today's target:
IMG_6346.jpg

Cut:
IMG_6348.jpg

Split:
IMG_6349.jpg

Stacked:
IMG_6354.jpg

Thats one heck of a job stacking the trailer.........

Looks like good weather Archibald. I bet that trailer makes it alot nicer than that sled.

That is a serious jag of wood on that trailer! How many of those does it take to make a cord? Nice job quads you make it look so easy. The weather here has just been outstanding as well not too hot not too cold,things drying up and no friggin bugs....yet.
Chris

6:00pm and still 60°, but I'm sure we'll pay for it yet before it's over. Although now it won't last long.

It is nice to use the trailer again. That tree would have taken me probably three loads with the sled and I got it all in one with the trailer. The trailer, stacked like that, holds 1/6th of a real cord. 6 loads make a cord. Holds the same amount as my Jeep pickup when just tossed in the the truck.

ohio woodburner, you remembered!

quads said:
ohio woodburner, you remembered!

How could i forget the reigning world champion :cheese:

Every time I see a picture of your woods quads, I just have to say it should be deer Heaven for them. All that young stuff should make good food and cover for them.

It is deer heaven! And my neighbor has planted food plots for the deer out in that 80 acres. He has even sown many of the trails to stuff that the deer like (it grows up between the ATV wheel tracks).

Nice weather & pics
Nice load of wood, you need a bigger trailer :) Maybe dual trailers ??
Thanks for the pics, wish snow would start to melt here.

These folks are still using sleds Iditarod finish line live camera in Nome : http://siteproxy.bssd.org/3/video.html
18 teams in, 38 yet to arrive over the next few days.
Spring not sprung here yet

Yes, dual trailers! Actually dual trailers might go through the woods better than a single bigger trailer. Otherwise, my little trailer is just right for getting around in the woods and hauls $25 worth.

69° here today! Robins and sandhill cranes finally showed up in droves. Snow and cooler this weekend, but that's ok.

Quads great pictures, I'm starting to work back in the woods this weekend splitting plus cutting. After I take care of everything thats split or cut up I'm going after the beech thats down.

I'm also looking forward to cooking with the wild leeks that grow on our property.

zap

Status
Not open for further replies.