got a used ceiling fan works fine but question please

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

jeanw

Feeling the Heat
Sep 23, 2008
ky
what hold up that cover the goes against the ceiling cover? don't have a parts lists and unfortunately Hubby didn't write down the brand etc of I guess, a sticker he saw inside the cover.. So how is that cover attached? what are we missing so that the metal cover stays up to the ceiling.??? Thanks all so appreciate calls help

hanging kit cover.jpeg

Last edited:
there is nothing to screw into. since this was a used unit prob missing a bracket maybe Hubby thinking about just putting up a u clamp on the short DOWNROD o hold up the cover. Whatever I just kind of detest jury rigging LOL

You'll need something like this. It attaches to the ceiling box with screws and then the cover screws into the bracket. You'll have to find the one that will fit your fan. Please make sure the ceiling electrical box is rated to hold a ceiling fan, a plastic box just nailed to the ceiling joist will not handle the weight. You don't want a spinning fan to pop off the ceiling.

the part that you are referring about is called the canopy. a fan canopy when finished will have a round piece of plastic either at the bottom of the canopy covering the screws or if they are at the top of the canopy a ring of plastic that covers the screws that are horizontal from the canopy to the mounting bracket. that ring is a pain to get off and some are a slight twist before they come down.

now didn't need this one I believe.like the link from HD... we have one I found in some items on a shelf in the house anyway bracket ball looking holder that I listed above
.Unfortunately Hubby didn't write down what he said he saw on the unit before he put it up, like a brand and a model number
later after he installed it
I found on You tube about the "EZ Brace 101" after he installed tHE USED but nice ceiling fan..
thanks anyway yall

Last edited: