Got cherry lots ,round two.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

ohlongarm

Minister of Fire
Mar 18, 2011
Northeastern Ohio
Cut it all today,and started hauling it out,quite a chore but I find working in wood relaxing.
cherry1.jpg
cherry1.jpg
cherry2.jpg
cherry3.jpg
cherry4.jpg
cherry5.jpg

Like the smell of cherry while cutting and splitting. Lots of good wood there.

Reactions: thewoodlands
Cherry is my favorite
I like it burns fairly hot in the BK. That load of cherry in the John deere cart destroyed the cheaply made John Deere,bent axle,dumping latch bent,rated 1000lbs?Bought a new Polar Mesh,1400 pound capacity.Just saying.

Unfortunately new Deere is not Deere of old.

Reactions: D8Chumley
Unfortunately new Deere is not Deere of old.
Amen,at over $400 give me something that will last a few seasons,the Polar Mesh at $470 is built like a tank,we'll see.

Amen,at over $400 give me something that will last a few seasons,the Polar Mesh at $470 is built like a tank,we'll see.
Nice - I've been through a hand full of atv carts over the past 20 years, about 10 years ago (new house = new cart) I bought a Ohio steel dump cart, square tube frame, plastic dish, haven't been able to break it yet, even the tires are heavy duty, very happy with this purchase. Although the newer double axle atv carts are pretty cool, axe floats allowing the tires to work independently of each other making going over rough terrain and small trees a breeze since the tire move, the load doesn't.

Nice - I've been through a hand full of atv carts over the past 20 years, about 10 years ago (new house = new cart) I bought a Ohio steel dump cart, square tube frame, plastic dish, haven't been able to break it yet, even the tires are heavy duty, very happy with this purchase. Although the newer double axle atv carts are pretty cool, axe floats allowing the tires to work independently of each other making going over rough terrain and small trees a breeze since the tire move, the load doesn't.
I almost went with the Ohio steel,at Tractor supply,but the single axle Polar mesh rated at 1400 lbs sold me,the tires are huge on this thing.

I use a 4 by 8 trailer behind my ATV. It works great.

I love black cherry as well. It dries very quickly IMHO and burns great. If I could only have one type of wood, cherry would probably be my choice.

I use a 4 by 8 trailer behind my ATV. It works great.

I love black cherry as well. It dries very quickly IMHO and burns great. If I could only have one type of wood, cherry would probably be my choice.
I agree,when I told a few co-workers what I had they were begging for some,I told them help me haul it out of the woods and half is your in rounds. That being said no one could help last week all too busy,so this is all mine.

Reactions: D8Chumley