Got My Fisher Stove Book Today

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Todd67

Minister of Fire
Jun 25, 2012
Northern NY
Started looking for a printed copy to buy more than six years ago, but never had any luck, so I gave up searching.

I searched again a few weeks ago and finally found a printed original copy of The Fisher Stove Story. It's lightly used and in excellent condition. Sure feels good to own another rare piece of the Fisher Stove history.

IMG_20181030_142218.jpg

Reactions: SpaceBus
Just for fun I looked on eBay for a copy. Didn't find one but have seen them for $50 a copy.
Also on eBay are TWO XLs for sale, one with brass doors for 5 grand!.

Reactions: Todd67
I saw those two XL's also. I think the "cheaper" one was $3,000 if I remember correctly. Way too rich for my blood:eek:

I paid $20 for this book. It was signed by Bob Fisher for his friend named Dave. Pretty cool, but not quite as cool as the book Coaly got.

IMG_20181030_193451.jpg

Me too. I'll pay close attention as I read the book again to see if they mention someone named Dave.

I never really paid any attention to the stove on the cover of the book until just now :rolleyes:.

I finally realized he's posing with a Mama Bearo_O, not a Papa Bear. Wow, I should pay closer attention;em

Nice find! Does the Fisher Stove section have the whole book uploaded? I felt like it ended kind of weird, but I have no idea.

Yes, it has all 6 chapters of the book uploaded. It ends kind of weird, but that's the first Fisher Stove convention. Gives you something to read while you are in the hospital.

I was in eastern Afghanistan 06-07. I was exposed hepatitis at some point, and/or enough times, that I received treatment for 6 months in Germany. No issues before or after the treatment, but I can't donate blood any more. I retired from the army in 2013, spent 20 years in the light infantry. I hope you make a full and speedy recovery!

Yes, it has all 6 chapters of the book uploaded. It ends kind of weird, but that's the first Fisher Stove convention. Gives you something to read while you are in the hospital.

I was in eastern Afghanistan 06-07. I was exposed hepatitis at some point, and/or enough times, that I received treatment for 6 months in Germany. No issues before or after the treatment, but I can't donate blood any more. I retired from the army in 2013, spent 20 years in the light infantry. I hope you make a full and speedy recovery!

Afghanistan is a dangerous place. Thank you for your service as well! I'm feeling confident about recovery today. Labs drawn at 0500 didn't bruise or bleed immediately, so that makes me hopeful.

@SpaceBus , thanks for your service! I hope you can go home today and get on with life as "normal".

I stopped getting flu shots and other vaccinations after I retired from the army. Getting the flu shot did more harm than good for me, so I said "no more flu shots".

@SpaceBus , thanks for your service! I hope you can go home today and get on with life as "normal".

I stopped getting flu shots and other vaccinations after I retired from the army. Getting the flu shot did more harm than good for me, so I said "no more flu shots".

I don't know that I'll go home today, but I'm hoping soon. My wife is coming to see me today so that's great. It's been tough with the hospital being hours from home. We have a rescue German Shepherd who can only be handled by us or the mother in law, so that makes things challenging. Thank you for all of your well wishes and kind words. The Hearth Forums are helping me through this actually.

You're welcome! Being that far from home does make things more difficult, for sure. We've always had rescue dogs and cats. It's good therapy for my disabled wife who doesn't get out of the house very often. We do foster care for our local SPCA, and our Foster dog is a 14 year old cocker spaniel who was really under weight. She is deaf and nearly blind, but in just over 3 weeks with us she is doing great. We will probably adopt her this week because she is very attached to us. I think she adopted us already. She needs a mix of puppy formula, mixed in a cup of half milk and half warm water every morning, just to get going. She was micro-chipped as a puppy, which is how we know her age.

You're welcome! Being that far from home does make things more difficult, for sure. We've always had rescue dogs and cats. It's good therapy for my disabled wife who doesn't get out of the house very often. We do foster care for our local SPCA, and our Foster dog is a 14 year old cocker spaniel who was really under weight. She is deaf and nearly blind, but in just over 3 weeks with us she is doing great. We will probably adopt her this week because she is very attached to us. I think she adopted us already. She needs a mix of puppy formula, mixed in a cup of half milk and half warm water every morning, just to get going. She was micro-chipped as a puppy, which is how we know her age.

All of our dogs are rescues. We have a 45 lb pit mix of unknown age that showed up December 2015 out of the swamp in NC, fully grown, weighing 14 lbs. She was really pitiful, but she's the sweetest dog I've ever had. Of course the Shepherd, we found him locked up in a soldier's hot water heater closet on Fort Bragg. He will be seven this summer, only four months old locked in that closet, he has the most trauma. Rounding out our tiny pack is an 18 year old Chihuahua that came from a crack head many years ago, before I met my wife. The Chihuahua, Zoey, was actually the first to notice something was going down with my health. She would not leave my side and every time I got up she barked at me, very unusual for her. They are the strangest pack of dogs, but they all get along wonderfully.

That's awesome! The yellow lab/pitbull mix we rescued would sit on my wife's lap and lick her face if her blood sugar was dropping too low. She has hypoglycemia, not diabetes. That's the only time he ever behaved that way.

I've never understood why people abuse and neglect animals. Good for you, for rescuing those dogs!

That's awesome! The yellow lab/pitbull mix we rescued would sit on my wife's lap and lick her face if her blood sugar was dropping too low. She has hypoglycemia, not diabetes. That's the only time he ever behaved that way.

I've never understood why people abuse and neglect animals. Good for you, for rescuing those dogs!

Dog's are man's best friend for a reason, they always look out for us. My pit mix will let us know if the stove temp starts dropping and needs more fuel even!

Their loyalty is s beyond measure. Who else greets you are the door like they do when you come home? They act like you've been gone forever, even if it was only a few hours.

We did foster care for an injured young cat about 5 years ago. The SPCA thought they might have to remove her left front leg at the shoulder. Four months later the leg and shoulder we're slowly healing, and they told us we could keep her since she'd been with us for so long. She walks with a limp, and she is blind, but she is my shadow. My wife calls her my "puppy cat" because she greets me at the door like a dog, without the hyper dog antics of course. She's usually asleep on my lap if I sit down long enough.

IMG_20190113_091736.jpg

Their loyalty is s beyond measure. Who else greets you are the door like they do when you come home? They act like you've been gone forever, even if it was only a few hours.

We did foster care for an injured young cat about 5 years ago. The SPCA thought they might have to remove her left front leg at the shoulder. Four months later the leg and shoulder we're slowly healing, and they told us we could keep her since she'd been with us for so long. She walks with a limp, and she is blind, but she is my shadow. My wife calls her my "puppy cat" because she greets me at the door like a dog, without the hyper dog antics of course. She's usually asleep on my lap if I sit down long enough.

View attachment 238137

I love cats, but I am too allergic to have them at home. I actually didn't know I had a cat allergy until I left the house and joined the Army. We always had a cat in the house growing up, usually two.

I'm glad I don't have any allergies, other than the seasonal pollen type. I've always had sinus issues, and the 3 years I was at Fort Jackson, SC I had back to back sinus infections the entire time I was there. Every time a doctor, nurse, or medic asked me if I was allergic to anything I would always reply, "Yes, South Carolina!" They thought I was joking:)

I'm glad I don't have any allergies, other than the seasonal pollen type. I've always had sinus issues, and the 3 years I was at Fort Jackson, SC I had back to back sinus infections the entire time I was there. Every time a doctor, nurse, or medic asked me if I was allergic to anything I would always reply, "Yes, South Carolina!" They thought I was joking:)

I am allergic to the south, I feel much better up here in the great white north.

That makes two of us!