Got myself a 6039 4 button stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

SidecarFlip

Minister of Fire
Jut bought a 6039 4 button stove for 600 bucks locally on Facebook Marketplace. Have to go fetch it. Probably needs a paint job but that is about it. Guess I'm in the refurbish business now. 6039 is a true multifuel unit, corn or pellets..

SidecarFlip

Minister of Fire
Might just keep it and install in the workshop or I might sell it, just depends....lol

SidecarFlip

Minister of Fire
Hoping to see some photos
When I get it fetched up. Will be next week sometime. Guy I bought it from is out of town until next weekend. Started out at a grand with venting but I don't want the venting. Have plenty of extra vent pipe in the shop not being used anyway. I might wind up in the refurb stove business.

Still haven't started ours. Just piddling away on propane.

Reactions: Washed-Up

Washed-Up

Minister of Fire
Nov 5, 2011
Kananaskis,Alberta, Canada
Good stuff, yeah ours hasn’t run since June. I’m just getting ready to install the Advance2 I refurbished last summer…just down the street from me.

SidecarFlip

Minister of Fire
Not like I don't have a lot of corn to roast. 7 ton on skids in the barn right now. I may just refurb it and use it. Undecided. Would make a nice shop corn burner. Run it on low (remote T'stat) all the time Probably have to fill it every other day at best.

SidecarFlip

Minister of Fire
This one is about 7 miles from the farm. debating whether to take the tractor to fetch it or my truck. Have a week to decide. If I did the shop thing it would be straight out through the wall, no vertical. Short and sweet. I have enough spare parts in the shop to rebuild it if it needs rebuilt. I'll know soon enough (week). Even have a spare 4 button board on the shelf. I might use it, would cut down on my shop propane use. Typically, I burn about 600 gallons keeping the floor heat at 70 in the shop. That equates to about 1200 bucks in gas. My tractors and RV like to stay toasty.

Reactions: Washed-Up