Grand Rapids area pigs.....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

letsblaze

Feeling the Heat
Lowes un Big Rapids has pres to logs in stock right now for 175.00 a ton.
I'm thinking I may just have to go buy a few test bags......mini oink!

Go for it. I like the Prestos. Good shoulder pellet. I'm jealous. The lowes by me is trying to get 298.50.....for North Americans. I keep waiting for them to get something better, but for some reason that truck load of North Americans seems to be lingering on the shelf...wonder why...

Presto's were $177/ton here a couple years ago... I snagged 5 ton. Still have a bunch left.

I like them quite a bit. Its what is in both hoppers right now (Fahrenheit and Quad). Quad is purr'ing away on Low right now. But last night and the night before, the Fahrenheit ran. It literally idled all night on level 1 (Pilot/Low). The distribution blower comes on when the air temp reaches 170° and off at 120°… So its off longer for about 10-15 minutes. Then runs for about 5 minutes. On level 2 or higher, the blower stays on constantly. Big fan of the furnace. But its gotta be cold to run it (I only run it in High/Low. Dont want to run it On/Off- Fuelmizer).

Status
Not open for further replies.