grandpa bear

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sawmill

Dec 1, 2015
usa
Hello,
I have recently bartered work for a Fishers grandpa bear wood stove.
Where can I find the number of firebrick it requires and the install pattern?

Thank you.
Have a great day!

Welcome to the Forum;
There are a few Grandpa Bears with different layouts.
Flat top doors with angle iron corners or bent corners that make the body one piece?

Welcome to the Forum;
There are a few Grandpa Bears with different layouts.
Flat top doors with angle iron corners or bent corners that make the body one piece?

Hey ya'll, I'm new here and trying to track down a little more info on a Grandpa Bear. Coaly, your info on all these old Fishers has been awesome! Thank you! So I have a Bicentennial Grandpa Bear (with the 1/2 in rounds stock seal), and the only numbers I've found on the entire stove is 2072 on the back side of the stove just under the lip of the top plate. It's written with an engraver I think. Any idea if that is a sort of model number or something? Maybe which number it is off the line? I love tracking all these little clues down- did the same thing with my anvil (lot of fun when its over a hundred years and names and numbers don't match with the right country!). Unfortunately I'm replacing this stove for the sake of less wood to chop and longer burns- going with a jotul 400, but would love to pass on the history to whoever it goes to. thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_1378.JPG
    IMG_1378.JPG
    64.8 KB · Views: 225
That would be a stove number in the order they were built at that particular fabricator.

Thanks! any idea if there's a way to track that location down with the given features of the stove- or if there's another thread you could point me to? thanks again!

If you are you familiar with RT 19, drive over to 1491 (Patton Ave.) and see if there is still a business there, if the building still stands. Post pics if you can. Assuming it's a local stove, that's where it came from.

Status
Not open for further replies.