Granules LG or other softwood pellet near Westchester NY

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

DaniWantsHeat

Oct 8, 2021
Nys
Installing a wood burner in the upstairs hopefully before winter ends🤨 but still using a pellet stove downstairs. We loved okanagan pellets before they closed/reopened, the softwood worked great in the Vistaflame stove. We’ve gone through numerous brands since then, mostly dusty or not as hot. Hamers burn hot but stove can’t go more than 2-3 days without needing the clinkers removed. Granules LG looks promising as being close to the old okanagens, having a hard time finding them near me (northern westchester ny). I can order by the pallet but we’d like to try them out before buying pallets. Does anyone know of a store nearby that sells them by the bag, or an alternative softwood pellet that might also be similar ((and available nearby)?
Thank you!

I'm in southern NY, but further up than you in Orange County. I can't Think of any good soft wood dealers down by you or even up by me for that matter. If you have an Adams Fairacre Farms near you, they may carry Clean Fire Pacific which is a soft wood that woodpellets.com sells. The one by me usually has them, but a bit overpriced. I've also ordered 3 tons at a time directly from WoodPellets in the past for delivery, but they're expensive. The past couple years, I travel North to Cairo, NY which is about 60 miles from me and get my pellets at Slaters Wood Pellets. I made 5l trips during late summer and early fall getting 30 bags at a time for a total of 3 tons bought so far. That guy has everything, like 10 different brands and his website shows all he has. My current favorite that I buy from him is Matra White pine or sometimes AWF white pine.

Reactions: Pete Zahria
AWF Ultra Premium Softwood Pine is a good one if you can get it at a fair price.
I like the AWF a lot. However, this year so far the AWF have had a good bit more sawdust in them than the Matra white pine have.

Don't have Matra down here. Yes, AWF has a fair amount of sawdust, but it's a non-issue for my particular unit.