Grass already drying up

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pellet-King

Minister of Fire
Nov 30, 2008
Northern Ct
Well that didn't take long, maybe a month of green grass, bought some Scott's heat resistant blue but too late to plant now, ohh well wait till Fall.

People are rushing to get the first cut on the hay before it burns up. 70 °F and sopping wet one month straight into 95 °F and dry as a bone.

Just started drying out and then hit with T storms over and over. golf size hail. rained so hard it overflowed the wheel barrel in minutes. Had water flowing beween the raised beds. More rain predicted for the week end. Don't like the freaky T storms whose rain does harm and little good. Have to replace some of my tomator plants snaped off by the hail.

Except for an isolated T-storm 2 days ago, it's been 95+ for weeks down here in Ga and dry as a bone. No lawn at all this year. Not even the weeds will grow. The only thing I'm watering is my meager garden that is barely hanging on.

Plenty of rain for us the past few days. Grass is green and needs another mowing(looks like a dang hay field). I should start saving it for pellet making???

Well at least the bass are bitting. Son and I caught a couple of good ones the last few times out. I got a nice 5 pounder today while dodging rain drops. Sorry no pictures this time. Didn't want a wet camera.

Good and green here, from 92 on Thursday to 57 today. I will probably have to turn the stove on tonight for a bit. Not for the humans in the house but my old girl. She likes it warm, and at 15 1/2 that's what she'll get.

Oh, and J-takeman, where I come from its "no picture, no fish" Glad they are biting for you though....

Pellet-King said:
Well that didn't take long, maybe a month of green grass, bought some Scott's heat resistant blue but too late to plant now, ohh well wait till Fall.
if you like a green lawn you can always come over and cut mine .wish my lawn would dry up .

Status
Not open for further replies.