Great American Pellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JonVanVleet

Jan 21, 2012
New York
I burned Bearfoot pellets for my first two winters with my Danson Glowboy home heater. My third winter, I used Allegany. Both great pellets.

This year, I am using Great American Pellets and I am not very happy with the quality. I am getting a lot of fines, so much so that I had to build a pellet sifter sucker. I am shocked at the volume of fines in each bag.

The strange part, last year a friend burned Great American Pellets, I tried a few of his bags last year and had virtually no fines.

Just seems strange that the quality would change from year to year.

Anyone else come across this before?

As production levels change and fiber differs things happen. No excuse, But if you contact Jeff Nichols maybe he can shed some light.

I'll dig up the contact info if you need it. Jeff's a good guy and seems to be on things. Also seems like he wants all his burners to be happy burners.

Status
Not open for further replies.