Great video on end of season cleaning

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

scajjr2

Feeling the Heat
Dec 9, 2010
Kingston, NH
Geared towards Harman P series but works for any stove really.

sam

That guy must be huge. He makes the P68 look small. I assumed it was a P43 until he told us what it was. Or maybe it's becuase both my stoves have the hopper extensions so they look bigger.

Overall it is a good video, thank you for posting.

I use the "Test" setting not "on" to have the exhaust run while cleaning. Then even if it feeds (becuase yu closed all the doors), it won't engage the igniter.

After scraping the firepot as best I can with the screwdriver, I use a wire brush on it. I also use the wire brush on all the removable metal pieces.

Last edited:
Reactions: usefulidi0t and ARC
That guy must be huge. He makes the P68 look small. I assumed it was a P43 until he told us what it was. Or maybe it's becuase both my stoves have the hopper extensions so they look bigger.

Overall it is a good video, thank you for posting.

I use the "Test" setting not "on" to have the exhaust run while cleaning. Then even if it feeds (becuase yu closed all the doors), it won't engage the igniter.

After scraping the firepot as best I can with the screwdriver, I use a wire brush on it. I also use the wire brush on all the removable metal pieces.

I use some Rutland Liquid Creosote Remover spray on the burnpot. Softens up any carbon speed bumps so they just chip right off using scraper tool or screwdriver.

sam