Green Mountain 60 / Ambiance Hipster 20

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Mpitt

Jan 25, 2024
Canada
New to us Hipster 20 installed last week. So far no issues with smoke roll out, reloading. Drafting really well and nice steady heat. Will try it's first overnight CAT burn tonight!

20240125_080554.jpg

Thanks. Just tried our first overnight 50%-60% firebox pack (three larger splits
after raking coals forward). Let it rip for 10 min and shut the air down and engaged cat. Ran from 10pm and down to coals by 630am, but stovetop still hot to the touch. Opened up air and sat bypass, loaded a few small pieces mixed with two splits and it lit those up within minutes.

As far as I know it's just a marketing ploy. It's just about the exact same stove. Just seems the "Ambiance" offering is a bit more available in Canada. Manual and warranty all say Hearthstone.

Reactions: wetwood4life
American marketing ploy for Canadians: just give it a French-sounding name 😄

Glad the stove ran smoothly last night, enjoy it!

Reactions: Mpitt
It’s a nice looking stove! I ran across the Hipster 20 while looking for a stove. I liked its looks but didn’t know the ambience brand and thought the name was kinda silly so I didn’t take the stove seriously and did not do any further research on it. I ended up buying the Green Mountain 60 which as you said is the same stove just a bit different cosmetically. If I knew the Hearthstone made it I probably would have went for it. I prefer the look over the GM60. Good luck with it!

Reactions: Mpitt