green mountain 60 problems

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

jlc4crew

Oct 28, 2023
Omaha, NE
I have a green mountain 60. Read and done everything possible. There is simply not enough air coming in while there is adequate draft. I'm about to tear it apart and have it rebuilt as it's beyond expensive and can't be returned. This is sickening. Hoping someone hear can help. Desperate.

I have a green mountain 60. Read and done everything possible. There is simply not enough air coming in while there is adequate draft. I'm about to tear it apart and have it rebuilt as it's beyond expensive and can't be returned. This is sickening. Hoping someone hear can help. Desperate.
Explain the venting system type height layout of connector pipe etc. Also what moisture content is your wood at?

This has been reported before. It seems like this series likes a strong draft.

I have a gm60 as well. Top down fire works. You can't just shut the door either. I have to leave my door cracked for almost an hour. That way things are really established. Then you can add more wood and begin to close things down.