Jake86
    Burning Hunk 2.
    NULL

Oct 8, 2015
    Loc:
    Plymouth, Massachusetts
    $5.93 a bag.
    Product of New England Wood Pellets
    Stopped counting the tons of pallets after I got to 100. Just row after row of them and no one I saw buying any. Had them stored in the garden center, most out in the elements.well wrapped.

People, I think there's going to be a big sale on Green Supreme pellets in the future....a sure bet!

Loews
    Kingston, Massachusetts

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    jjs777_fzr likes this.
  2. Peterfield

Peterfield
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Dec 12, 2013
    Loc:
    New Hampshire
    I've been by a couple of places and they are stacked to the gills with pellets. I'm buying a ton at a time and if and when the prices become realistic for this year, no reason at all to buy in bulk.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    rickjohn and Jake86 like this.
  3. fmsm

fmsm
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Dec 12, 2011
    Loc:
    South of Boston MA
    I wouldn't take Green Supremes or NEWP for free. They stink!

Mark_ms and Jake86 like this.
  4. Fatherof2

Fatherof2
    Member 2.
    NULL

Aug 12, 2014
    Loc:
    Massachusetts
    I've had no issues with GS.

5. Peterfield

Peterfield
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Dec 12, 2013
    Loc:
    New Hampshire
    There's a lot of folks in my area that won't burn anything else.

6. Harmanizer

Harmanizer
    Burning Hunk 2.
    NULL

Oct 23, 2012
    Loc:
    South East Massachusetts
    A reliable source has said they are pretty good this year.I will have to check them out myself if the price comes down.5.93 a bag is just stupid.!!!

7. Peterfield

Peterfield
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Dec 12, 2013
    Loc:
    New Hampshire
    Stove Chows are $5.18 an bag ($259/ton) at Home Depot and most say those are better than Green Supreme.

bogieb likes this.
  8. DRINKSFORALL

DRINKSFORALL
    Member 2.
    NULL

Jul 12, 2011
    Loc:
    Eastern Ma.
    I'VE BURNED THEM AND THE heat is ok but they can be a bit dirty. Have left that hard foam "clinker" in the pot a number of times. Have not burned any of this years lot though...

9. AccentraRRT

AccentraRRT
    Burning Hunk 2.
    NULL

Mar 1, 2014
    Loc:
    Massachusetts
    Last year GS came from two separate plants. One from NY and one from NH. The pellets produced out of NH were far superior to the NY product. I had 3 ton from the NY plant that were dirty, full of fines, heavy ash, and low heat. Nevermind the 10+ bags I had to toss because they were wet and swollen. maybe they put out an all around better batch this year

10. Jake86

Jake86
    Burning Hunk 2.
    NULL

Oct 8, 2015
    Loc:
    Plymouth, Massachusetts
    Been to Loews Kingston, MA recently and the pellets are piled up to the rafters. 100+ tons. They are selling a lot of water damaged pellets to the unsuspecting. Every other bag I checked had holes in the plastic bags and water damaged pellets. Got the 'run around' when I asked for the manager. When I told them about the damaged pellets they just replied, "there's nothing we can do". Buyer beware! Still priced at $5.98.

11. Peterfield

Peterfield
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Dec 12, 2013
    Loc:
    New Hampshire
    You're impressions are correct. The NH plant uses more oak than their two NY plants as well as their new plant in PA. I just ran a few bags through my stove and they were fine, minimally more ash than the Lignetics and Green Team I have been using, but if I could get them at a decent price I wouldn't walk away.

AccentraRRT likes this.
  12. bogieb

bogieb
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Oct 31, 2014
    Loc:
    South Central NH
    Which HD has the Chows? I didn't see any in Concord over the weekend, and last I was at HD in Manch (a couple of weeks ago), they didn't have any either. Of course, doesn't mean they haven't gotten deliveries, just none are near me to just pop in (and calling them never works for me).

I would like to get a couple bags to try out, so if you could point me in the right direction, I would appreciate it.

13. Peterfield

Peterfield
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Dec 12, 2013
    Loc:
    New Hampshire
    I visited the HD in Keene last week and they had many tons of Stove Chows and Fireside Ultra's.

14. bogieb

bogieb
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Oct 31, 2014
    Loc:
    South Central NH
    Ahh, of course, amongst the 4 HD's within traveling distance of work (20 miles or less), that is not one of them - and 40 miles from home. Ahh well, I don't NEED them so will scout out Manch sometime this week.

15. rickjohn

rickjohn
    Member 2.
    NULL

Mar 24, 2014
    Loc:
    New Hampshire
    Londonderry HD has Stove Chow $259/ton. Sign also says they will beat anyone else's pellets delivered price. Whatever that means.

bogieb likes this.
  16. MadMax31

MadMax31
    Burning Hunk 2.
    NULL

Jan 2, 2015
    Loc:
    Pittstown NY
    GS gave me hard clinkers last year. Ill pass unless their $199 a ton or the only option. Heat was OK, not great but not cold.

17. bogieb

bogieb
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Oct 31, 2014
    Loc:
    South Central NH
    Thanks - that is doable from work. I just want to grab 6-10 bags to try them out for the heck of it.

I believe at least some Lowes are having a delivery special again (or it is upcoming), so that is probably what they are "beating".

18. Harman Lover 007

Harman Lover 007
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Dec 31, 2010
    Loc:
    Eastern Mass & Lakes Region of Maine
    Lowes is having their annual $19 flat rate delivery sale. Up to ten tons. The kicker is that the delivery price only applies to Green Team Platinums which are close to $350 ton here in eastern Mass. I'll pass.....

bogieb likes this.
  19. redbill

redbill
    Member 2.
    NULL

Jan 15, 2015
    Loc:
    Massachusetts
    I paid $290 for Green Team's form Lowe's back in September in Central Mass.

20. lagger

lagger
    Feeling the Heat 2.
    NULL

Apr 2, 2014
    Loc:
    Bloomingburg NY
    my lowes will deliver any for 19 bux

21. Jake86

Jake86
    Burning Hunk 2.
    NULL

Oct 8, 2015
    Loc:
    Plymouth, Massachusetts
    Here we go ladies and gentlemen! The start of the sale on wood pellets. Loews in Kingston, Massachusetts, has Green Supremes and now $5.18 a bag. Delivery is $19. For one or more tons.

22. Harman Lover 007

Harman Lover 007
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Dec 31, 2010
    Loc:
    Eastern Mass & Lakes Region of Maine
    The $19 delivery is only good until tomorrow January 11.

23. rickjohn

rickjohn
    Member 2.
    NULL

Mar 24, 2014
    Loc:
    New Hampshire
    Lowe's price in September was $2.79/bag or $259/ton

24. lagger

lagger
    Feeling the Heat 2.
    NULL

Apr 2, 2014
    Loc:
    Bloomingburg NY
    2.79 a bag = 139 a ton

25. rickjohn

rickjohn
    Member 2.
    NULL

Mar 24, 2014
    Loc:
    New Hampshire
    wishful thinking. I meant $5.79 bag