New England (MA, CT, ME, NH, VT, RI) Green Supremes

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jake86

Burning Hunk
Oct 8, 2015
Plymouth, Massachusetts
$5.93 a bag.
Product of New England Wood Pellets
Stopped counting the tons of pallets after I got to 100. Just row after row of them and no one I saw buying any. Had them stored in the garden center, most out in the elements.well wrapped.

People, I think there's going to be a big sale on Green Supreme pellets in the future....a sure bet!

Loews
Kingston, Massachusetts

Reactions: jjs777_fzr
I've been by a couple of places and they are stacked to the gills with pellets. I'm buying a ton at a time and if and when the prices become realistic for this year, no reason at all to buy in bulk.

Reactions: rickjohn and Jake86
$5.93 a bag.
Product of New England Wood Pellets
Stopped counting the tons of pallets after I got to 100. Just row after row of them and no one I saw buying any. Had them stored in the garden center, most out in the elements.well wrapped.

People, I think there's going to be a big sale on Green Supreme pellets in the future....a sure bet!

Loews
Kingston, Massachusetts
I wouldn't take Green Supremes or NEWP for free. They stink!

Reactions: Mark_ms and Jake86
A reliable source has said they are pretty good this year.I will have to check them out myself if the price comes down.5.93 a bag is just stupid.!!!

I wouldn't take Green Supremes or NEWP for free. They stink!
I'VE BURNED THEM AND THE heat is ok but they can be a bit dirty. Have left that hard foam "clinker" in the pot a number of times. Have not burned any of this years lot though...

Last year GS came from two separate plants. One from NY and one from NH. The pellets produced out of NH were far superior to the NY product. I had 3 ton from the NY plant that were dirty, full of fines, heavy ash, and low heat. Nevermind the 10+ bags I had to toss because they were wet and swollen. maybe they put out an all around better batch this year

Been to Loews Kingston, MA recently and the pellets are piled up to the rafters. 100+ tons. They are selling a lot of water damaged pellets to the unsuspecting. Every other bag I checked had holes in the plastic bags and water damaged pellets. Got the 'run around' when I asked for the manager. When I told them about the damaged pellets they just replied, "there's nothing we can do". Buyer beware! Still priced at $5.98.

Last year GS came from two separate plants. One from NY and one from NH. The pellets produced out of NH were far superior to the NY product. I had 3 ton from the NY plant that were dirty, full of fines, heavy ash, and low heat. Nevermind the 10+ bags I had to toss because they were wet and swollen. maybe they put out an all around better batch this year

You're impressions are correct. The NH plant uses more oak than their two NY plants as well as their new plant in PA. I just ran a few bags through my stove and they were fine, minimally more ash than the Lignetics and Green Team I have been using, but if I could get them at a decent price I wouldn't walk away.

Reactions: AccentraRRT
Stove Chows are $5.18 an bag ($259/ton) at Home Depot and most say those are better than Green Supreme.
Which HD has the Chows? I didn't see any in Concord over the weekend, and last I was at HD in Manch (a couple of weeks ago), they didn't have any either. Of course, doesn't mean they haven't gotten deliveries, just none are near me to just pop in (and calling them never works for me).

I would like to get a couple bags to try out, so if you could point me in the right direction, I would appreciate it.

Which HD has the Chows? I didn't see any in Concord over the weekend, and last I was at HD in Manch (a couple of weeks ago), they didn't have any either. Of course, doesn't mean they haven't gotten deliveries, just none are near me to just pop in (and calling them never works for me).

I would like to get a couple bags to try out, so if you could point me in the right direction, I would appreciate it.

I visited the HD in Keene last week and they had many tons of Stove Chows and Fireside Ultra's.

Ahh, of course, amongst the 4 HD's within traveling distance of work (20 miles or less), that is not one of them - and 40 miles from home. Ahh well, I don't NEED them so will scout out Manch sometime this week.

Ahh, of course, amongst the 4 HD's within traveling distance of work (20 miles or less), that is not one of them - and 40 miles from home. Ahh well, I don't NEED them so will scout out Manch sometime this week.
Londonderry HD has Stove Chow $259/ton. Sign also says they will beat anyone else's pellets delivered price. Whatever that means.

Reactions: bogieb
GS gave me hard clinkers last year. Ill pass unless their $199 a ton or the only option. Heat was OK, not great but not cold.

Londonderry HD has Stove Chow $259/ton. Sign also says they will beat anyone else's pellets delivered price. Whatever that means.
Thanks - that is doable from work. I just want to grab 6-10 bags to try them out for the heck of it.

I believe at least some Lowes are having a delivery special again (or it is upcoming), so that is probably what they are "beating".

Thanks - that is doable from work. I just want to grab 6-10 bags to try them out for the heck of it.

I believe at least some Lowes are having a delivery special again (or it is upcoming), so that is probably what they are "beating".
Lowes is having their annual $19 flat rate delivery sale. Up to ten tons. The kicker is that the delivery price only applies to Green Team Platinums which are close to $350 ton here in eastern Mass. I'll pass.....

Reactions: bogieb
my lowes will deliver any for 19 bux

Here we go ladies and gentlemen! The start of the sale on wood pellets. Loews in Kingston, Massachusetts, has Green Supremes and now $5.18 a bag. Delivery is $19. For one or more tons.

Here we go ladies and gentlemen! The start of the sale on wood pellets. Loews in Kingston, Massachusetts, has Green Supremes and now $5.18 a bag. Delivery is $19. For one or more tons.
The $19 delivery is only good until tomorrow January 11.

Status
Not open for further replies.