Greene Team Platinum

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait...you're burning wood and are getting ash? Hmmmm. Seems odd to me.

Burning close to 6 bags in 24 hours (all below -10°) ...I had ash too...:confused:

Reactions: jjones139
Burning close to 6 bags in 24 hours (all below -10°) ...I had ash too...:confused:

Wow, 6 bags in 24?? It was -9 last night and today it's a whopping 18. On average I'm using 1.5 -2 bags in 24.

do you have 2 stoves? i don't think its even possible to burn 4 bags in 24 hours with mine.

Regarding the GREEN TEAM PLATINUM--- I just bought three bags of these today at lowes ( first time). I have a bag in my PDVC right now. I have been burning North Americans, so comparing these two pellets, on the same settings, my burn indicator thermometer says the heat output is about the same. Still waiting on seeing how much ash the GTP produces.

do you have 2 stoves? i don't think its even possible to burn 4 bags in 24 hours with mine.
6 bags = aprox 80,000 btu/hr. (correct me if I'm wrong) This thread kinda got me thinking..I have said my green Supremes were dirty...BUT I'm burning a LOT of pellets. burning wood leaves ash...pellets are made of wood....Finally I have found the connection!!! I'm heating 2 buildings now. My boiler is very hungry!!!

Regarding the GREEN TEAM PLATINUM--- I just bought three bags of these today at lowes ( first time). I have a bag in my PDVC right now. I have been burning North Americans, so comparing these two pellets, on the same settings, my burn indicator thermometer says the heat output is about the same. Still waiting on seeing how much ash the GTP produces.

well, I may have to recall my statement...the longer they burn the hotter its getting.

Let me know what you think of the Heartlands. I like the heat they produce - more than Trebio and Spruce Pointe that have been available here. They are $5.99 when bought by the pallet from my local Home Hardware.
Just burned a few bags of the heartland and temp here was 14 degrees. Kept my first floor 1400sq ft between 75-76 degrees on low. My glass on my stove is still clean. What a awesome pellet. The only thing there $389 for 60 bags. There is only one place around my area that sells them.

Keep in mind Greene team, is a good pellet I ran them for 2 seasons, and heat was satisfactory.

When lowes jacked the price to 10 to 20 bucks shy of the primo stuff, I said bump teams...

Reactions: briansol
6 bags = aprox 80,000 btu/hr. (correct me if I'm wrong) This thread kinda got me thinking..I have said my green Supremes were dirty...BUT I'm burning a LOT of pellets. burning wood leaves ash...pellets are made of wood....Finally I have found the connection!!! I'm heating 2 buildings now. My boiler is very hungry!!!
Yep, 6 bags in 24hrs is 240lbs, or 10lbs/hr. Works out to about 80k btus/hr. You may have the hardest working stove/boiler/furnace here!

Reactions: iceguy4
Your next step would be an industrial pellet boiler. They make them from 600k BTU/hr up to 40M BTU/hr.
I have almost 240,000 BTU's at my disposal (both boilers running full tilt) The 80,000 BTU was almost enough.. why would I jump to 600,000 BTU's??? My setup is almost perfect for me....on a -16° night followed by a below 0° day my pellet boiler needed only 2 1/2 cups of oil burned to maintain 180° water...lucky for me!!! No cold corners for me.

I was just trying to say, in a funny? way, that with the amount of BTUs you have available, you're almost into the industrial size.

I wanted to size everything as to have a system that would be able to heat both houses with "either- or" as well as be able to work together, ALL automatically. The only thing I need to work on is preparing for bulk pellets.

OK, have to ask ... two houses? I've seen you mention you had two buildings and thought it was a shop/garage...

OK, have to ask ... two houses? I've seen you mention you had two buildings and thought it was a shop/garage...
I like to call it an "in-law apartment" but with my family .."out-law apartment" would be better... Its a 24X30 three story building I am converting for my mom. 2100sq/ft....main house 2000+- sq/ft
Its 27 feet away

Reactions: chken
Your an excellent son! My oldest boy would like to ship us off to an old folks apartment early so he can try to claim the lake house (I think he's kidding;hm). My youngest son would probably do what you're doing... I hope if you have kids, they appreciate Grandma being so close. Something my children missed out on due to the "good dying young":(

Status
Not open for further replies.