Hampton H35 (used, thoughts)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bravehrt3

Jan 20, 2016
New England
I recently but a used Hampton HI300 wood fireplace insert for a great deal, when I went to pick it up I was also shown a used Hampton H35 they were also selling. I offered them $300 and they agreed. Here's the problem, they are new owners buying the house so they know nothing about the stove. It was disconnected when a new floor was being installed. It is currently converted to propane. Which I would need to convert back into gas. Did I get a good deal ? And are these stoves reliable and problem free? What are some things I should be looking at that might need to be replaced? From my studying it looks like it is 2006-2009 model due to the vents on top of the stove. Is there usually a serial number somewhere on the stove? It did not come with a manual. But I can get the old manuals on regency hamptons web site. It's going to be installed in my finished basement in an interior chimney. It's the black cast iron finish with the fan

That's a good price for a nice looking unit. You should be able to find the parts you need to convert back to NG at your local Regency dealer's parts dept. You'll need an NG regulator, Pilot orifice & Burner orifice. Air shutter will need to be adjusted, & the manual should have that setting under "Aeration." The unit originally comes with a rating plate, that should either be a sticker attached to the rear of the unit or on an aluminum plate that is chained to it. That plate with have the model & serial number & the manufacture date on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.