Happy Caddy Add-on user

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CaddyUser

Nov 28, 2008
New Brunswick, Canada
Hi folks,

Our new Caddy add-on has now been working for three weeks, and I just wanted to share that it's working wonderfully.

My parents (many years ago) had an old smoke dragon in their house, and although it kept us warm, I remember stoking the
beast almost continually.

Our home is roughly 1600sq ft, and we have used about 10-12 splits today. The temps here have been anywhere -10 to -16C.

I am proud to say that I completed the installation myself, and even the inspector was impressed with the quality of work. My wife is even happier, as she's enjoying room temps of 21C most of the time.

Looking forward to many new reports as the winter continues!

CaddyUser said:
Hi folks,

Our new Caddy add-on has now been working for three weeks, and I just wanted to share that it's working wonderfully.

My parents (many years ago) had an old smoke dragon in their house, and although it kept us warm, I remember stoking the
beast almost continually.

Our home is roughly 1600sq ft, and we have used about 10-12 splits today. The temps here have been anywhere -10 to -16C.

I am proud to say that I completed the installation myself, and even the inspector was impressed with the quality of work. My wife is even happier, as she's enjoying room temps of 21C most of the time.

Looking forward to many new reports as the winter continues!

Glad to hear it!

I was considering the Caddy, but financial constraints limited me to the ESW add-on. I fired it up for the first time this past weekend, and am loving it also. It's probably not as efficient as the Caddy...I fill it 3 times each day (about 3/4 full), and throw 2 pieces on about 2 or 3 times a day also if I'm not ready to fill it again. I think that averages 20 splits or so per day, but I split my wood really small, so maybe it's more like 15. My house is 2400 sq. feet, and very poorly insulated. It was 10 degrees (F) over the weekend, and the house stayed around 70!

Status
Not open for further replies.