Harbor Freight 7-Ton Electric Splitter

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DanCorcoran

Minister of Fire
Jan 5, 2010
Richmond, VA
Was wandering through HF this morning and noticed their 7-ton electric splitter on display for $399. Nothing to indicate it was a closeout. (I mention this because there was conjecture that they're discontinuing it, since it doesn't show up in their online catalog).

I returned two of them due to leaking hydraulic and purchasing a Ramsplitter HV-16. I got lucky the store manager at HF had mercy on me. If the darn thing didn't leak I would of kept it, worked well....but the dark spot of fluid in my garage all the time really pissed me off in the end.

I picked mine up a few months ago for $300 on sale and with an additional 25% off (I'm not sure why they stacked the coupon on top of the sale price but I was not going to complain). I've split ~ 3 cords and love this thing!

Unless the sale requires a separate coupon, HF allows 20% and 25% off coupons to be used on sale items.

Most of the 120 volt splitters seem to be 5 ton. I used one of those for a few years and it did ok for most everything until I got into hard maple and Elm. Make sure you use a short extension cord and a 12 gauge one It helps much.

Status
Not open for further replies.